General Information:

  • Number of Beds: 76
  • Bedsheets: Sheets Included
  • Parking: free off street parking
  • Luggage Storage: free
  • Co-ed Dorm Available: YES
  • Bathroom in Room: No
  • Credit Cards Accepted: YES
  • Pets Allowed: No
  • Reservations Accepted: YES
  • Internet Computers: Pay
  • Wireless Internet: Pay
  • Age Range Allowed: 18+
  • Minimum Stay: 1 night
  • Maximum Stay: Unlimited
  • Curfew: 11.00pm
  • Checkout: 10.00am
  • Clubs/Networks: No
  • Membership Required: No
  • Open Dates: 12 months a year

Information for Backpackers:

What are 2nd working visas?

What do I need to Know about tax rates?

When is the fruit picking season?

What are 2nd working visas?

To be eligible for a second Working Holiday visa, you must meet a number of requirements. You may apply either while you still hold a first Working Holiday visa or at a later date.

You must:

  • have completed three months (88 days) of specified work in regional Australiawhile on your first Working Holiday visa (there is no requirement to do further specified work on the second visa)
  • be aged between 18 and 30 years (inclusive) at the time of applying

Examples of eligible specified work:

    • picking fruits on a farm or orchard
    • plant and animal cultivation
    • fishing and pearling
    • construction
    • mining


 What do I need to Know about tax rates?

Before you start your working holiday in Australia :
Firstly you need to apply for an Australian Tax File Number (TFN). You can apply for your TFN online at or phone 13 28 61.

Starting your Working Holiday in Australia

When you start work (and each time you change employers) you will be given an Employment Declaration Form. Your employer is obliged by law to give you one of these forms and ensure that your completed form is sent off to the Australian taxation Office (ATO) within 28 days of you starting work. When you go to fill this form in you will come to a question asking you to select your resident or non-resident status,

How you answer this question (Are You A Resident or a Non-Resident) is very important.

1. Because your employer is obliged to deduct tax from your wages and the amount deducted is dependent on how you have answered this question.
There are 2 different rates of tax. One rate for residents and a higher rate for non-residents. Non-residents pay tax on every dollar they earn and the rate of tax deducted starts at 29% (for the first $414) and steadily increases as you earn more.

2. The amount of tax you may be eligible to claim back when you leave Australia is also dependent on how you answer this question. Non-residents are not eligible for the tax free threshhold, currently $6000 or any of the other tax concessions available to residents and so the only amount of tax they could be entitled to get back is the small pro-rata amount built into the tax scale i.e. when your employer pays you the amount of tax to be deducted is shown on a scale set by the taxman. There is a resident scale and a non-resident scale designed to calculate the tax on your wages as if you were going to receive the same amount each week for 52 weeks of the year. If you don't work for 52 weeks of the year then you will be entitled to claim back the small pro-rata amount included in each tax deduction from your wages.


 When is the fruit picking season?

*Information Coming Soon*